🎉National Chocolate Day is a terrific reason to indulge! 🎉
Chocolate has its own special rainbow:
❤️ Dark chocolate
💙 Milk Chocolate
💜 White Chocolate- though not actually chocolate, let’s not hold it against it.
Let’s look at some powerful benefits~
Dr. Joseph Mercola tells us that there are amazing health benefits to dark chocolate.
Blood sugar maintenance: dark chocolate can help stabilize your blood sugar and fat metabolism, resulting in reduced insulin resistance.
Brain health: epicatechin found in dark chocolate can protect your brain by moderating inflammation in your central nervous system, resulting in lowered chances for stroke.
Heart health: dark chocolate can help lower your risk of heart attack by reducing the clumping of platelets in your arteries and veins.
Mood enhancer: polyphenols found in dark chocolate can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
I’ll be celebrating today with a delicious cup of Lavender Hot Chocolate this afternoon- you?
* 4 cups unsweetened almond, dairy, or other milk of your choice
* 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 4 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
* 4 drops Lavender Vitality essential oil
1. Heat 4 cups of milk in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
2. Add 8 tablespoons unsweetened raw cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 4 teaspoons honey; whisk until smooth.
3. When warm, remove from heat and stir in 4 drops Lavender Vitality essential oil.
4. Serve and enjoy!